Thursday 9 January 2014

Overcoming My Fears

One of my biggest goals for this year is to start taking the necessary steps that I need to take to not be so afraid of interacting with others anymore. I know I won't be able to change who I am completely, since I am, at heart, an introvert. But I can start by doing simple things, like going out more often, and hanging out with the small amount of friends that I do have.

That's the most important step for me. Spending more time with my friends. I don't have many. But over the course of my time on this earth, I have somehow managed to acquire a handful. These people are really important to me. They are the ones who stuck around despite how bad I am at keeping in touch with other people. This may not sound like a big deal to some, but my goal is to make plans with a friend at least once a week. Some people go out all the time. Just adding one time to my week would be a great improvement to the once every other month that I've been doing things with friends.

The only thing getting in the way now is the weather. It's really cold here, and that pretty much kills my motivation to do anything.

Another goal is to read more material on anxiety and improving myself. I think that by understanding what I'm going through I can really take the little steps I need in the right direction. I started with this fantastic blog. It has lots of great tips on how to be yourself even when you're a bit socially awkward. I think that is one of the things that is most important to me. I want to be able to improve myself, without losing who I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment